Top 10 digital painting brushes
What are the best brushes for digital painting? Find out with our pick of the top 10
Here are our top 10 favourite digital painting brushes. Everyone likes different brushes for different things, so if you’ve got a favourite that we’ve missed, let us know in the Comments or on Facebook. All of these brushes are available by default in the program or app they’re featured in.
- Photoshop’s Hard Round brush – a do-everything workhorse for sketching and colour blocking
- Corel Painter’s Tinting>Basic Round – grainy opaque coverage that’s perfect for glazing
- ArtRage’s Impasto brush – depth, loft and the ability to use Metallic paint makes this a lovely chunky paintbrush
- Photoshop’s Scatter brush – the go-to brush for creating variations in skin tone
- Corel Painter’s Scratchboard tool – an exceptional inking brush
- SketchBook Pro’s Pencil – does exactly what it says on the tin!
- SketchClub’s Sketchy – possibly the best digital pencil in the world ever
- ArtRage’s Gloop Pen – fun inky and marbling effects
- Corel Painter’s Impressionist brush – scattery Divisionist colour that gives a perfect early Modern look
- Zen Brush’s black ink brush – perfect sumi-e strokes every time