Top tips on how to make your art blog stand out in this new book from Focal Press
Most illustrators have an art blog, but it tends to languish on their site for only hardcore fans (and art magazine editors) to find and look at. Wouldn’t it be great if you could engage more readers and show them your best pieces, your doodles and the process behind your work? In Bloggers Boot Camp, a new book from Focal Press, blogging experts Charlie White (Mashable) and John Biggs (TechCrunch) show bloggers how to go from run-of-the-mill to exceptional blogging – and for a limited time, you can get 40% off the book at Barnes and Noble.
Bloggers Boot Camp shows bloggers how to build a great site from the ground up. This isn’t a book about technology – it’s a book about engaging millions of readers. Bloggers Boot Camp shows bloggers how to:
• Uncover a niche for the blog, and realise key factors about each individual reader that they need to know before they write a single word.
• Gather the ideal tools for blogging, without spending too much or approaching it underequipped.
• Discover the best ways to spread the word about the new blog.
• Find the most compelling stories to write about and get the information before anyone else does.
• Transform writing by learning the subtle art of constructing a compelling, engaging blog post.
• Stimulate readers to directly participate in the two-way conversation, perhaps the most exciting part of this new way of communicating.
In addition to Bloggers Boot Camp, the book, White and Biggs share their secrets as part of an online companion course. In the 12-week, online social learning programme, Biggs and White will personally lead the course (in real-time) in a unique social learning environment powered by Simversity. With the book and online course, bloggers will be able to make their blogs world-class.
Plus, for Barnes and Noble customers, Focal Press are running a special offer in stores and online – you can save 40% on select Focal Press titles including Bloggers Boot Camp until 16 November 2011. There’s never been a better time to invest in Focal Press’s essential titles!